Funding For Partner Training
Funding opportunities for new partners in GP Practices
Pathway to Partnership from Qualitas
Our development programme is eligible for NHSE funding in full.
This is a 12-month programme aimed at new and prospective partners in GP practices. You can read full details of Pathway to Partnership here but in summary:
- Starts in April 2021
- A mix of face-to-face (Covid permitting) and virtual sessions
- Structured around three key pillars – Leadership, Strategy and Operations
- Designed and led by Qualitas and senior GP leaders, with input from subject matter expects in law, finance, business and HR
- Accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Allows you to accumulate 60 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points
- Tutor support is available throughout
- Collaboration with other participants is actively encouraged
The course enables participants to complement their clinical skills by developing the business skills required for a successful practice. Participants will learn how to develop a coherent vision, mission and values, and embed that vision in their practice. Pathway to Partnership is designed to help partners move from good to outstanding, inspiring their teams to do the same.
Investment and funding opportunities
Participation in this in-depth, year-long programme is £3,000 per person. As described above, the full cost of the course is eligible for NHS England funding, via its New to Partnership Payment Scheme. To be eligible to participate in the scheme, applicants must:
- Be a Health Care Professional working in general practice who are registered with their respective professional body and delivering clinical care to patients in general practice through a GMS/ PMS/ APMS contract
- Not have been a partner in a GP practice before
- Hold a profit-share, legally liable partnership
- Commit to remaining a partner in a GP practice for five years (or pay back a portion of the loan)
- Deliver a minimum of two clinical sessions per week in their partnership practice throughout the five-year period
- Have signed a partnership agreement on or after 1 April 2020 and before the scheme closes
- Have a minimum of two years remaining in their contract.
Participants in the scheme would initially pay for the training, then claim reimbursement from NHS England.
You can find out more and check your eligibility by visiting here, or alternatively you can email [email protected] for advice. As of October 2020, NHS England has updated its criteria regarding what evidence is required for eligibility, which you can read here.
Since February 2020, NHS England has offered the New to Partnership Payment Scheme (N2PP). This scheme offers eligible participants a sum of up to £20,000 plus a contribution towards costs of up to £4,000 to help new GP partners become established, in addition to a £3,000 training fund for non-clinical development. The aim of the scheme is to grow the number of partners in GP practices – stabilising the partnership model and ultimately ensuring that patients have access to the workforce they need.
You can read more about the New to Partnership Payment Scheme by visiting the relevant NHS England webpage here. This page includes eligibility criteria, details on how to apply plus FAQs.
Find out more
To find more about Pathway to Partnership, click here.
To see our full range of services, click here.
To contact Qualitas, please get in touch.
Leave a Reply