Pathway to Partnership
NHS England new to partnership payment scheme
New Partner Development Programme for GP Practices
New Partners in GP practices are in a unique position to adapt and implement changes within their practice. A well-run general practice will be profitable with scope to increase growth by generating income through numerous sources and deliver excellent patient care. The Pathway to Partnership programme from Qualitas is the springboard you need to unleash your partnership potential.
If so, then the rigorous and in-depth Pathway to Partnership development programme from Qualitas is for you. Read on to find out more.
Who is the programme for?
New and prospective Partners in GP practices looking to accelerate their professional development and help their practice thrive and succeed.
What does the programme involve?
Accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management, the programme allows you to accumulate 60 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points. The course is structured around three key pillars – Leadership, Strategy and Operations:
- Maximising team performance
- Developing resilience
- Balancing different roles
- Leading change in turbulent times
- Vision and mission
- Governance including roles and responsibilities
- Managing risk
- Making difficult and/or long-term decisions
- Organisational design
- Stakeholder relationships (and PCNs)
- Managing change including practice mergers
- Practice performance, clinical quality and assurance
- Financial management
- Using technology to support effective patient management and care
- People and HR
- Patient engagement and satisfaction
- Service design and capacity planning
How will I benefit?
The course enables you to:
- Complement your clinical skills by developing the business leadership skills required to lead a successful practice
- Develop and embed a coherent vision, mission and values
- Develop strategic plans for the practice, inspiring the practice team
- Increase your ability to lead and direct your practice
- Maximise your resilience and ability to adapt to change
- Move from a ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’ practice
How will my practice benefit from it?
The skills and knowledge you acquire allows your practice to:
- Ensure a high functioning team
- Deliver better outcomes for patients
- Adapt to change and manage risk
- Understand how to measure past performance and project future performance
- Maximise profit through greater efficiency
- Prepare for the future
Who will be delivering the programme?
We have a great line up who specialise in working with GP Teams and come with over 30 years experience;
CEO Qualitas Consortium
- Qualitas has worked with over 1,000 GP practices to help deliver strategic transformation and organisational improvement
- We have used this accumulated experience across a diverse array of practices to design this in-depth course – by GP practice leaders for GP practice leaders
- We have partnered with best-in-class specialists in law, finance, HR and business to deliver certain aspects of the course
- Accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management
Dr Tony Naughton
GP and senior partner at The Thornton Practice
NHS Business Practice Manager in a CQC Outstanding Practice (2018) plus a senior role in a Primary Care Network
Professor Nigel Lockett
Professor of Entrepreneurship and author of The Dyslexic Professor Blogs
Partner in the Mazars healthcare team & over 15 years’ experience in medical accounting
Partner in the Mazars healthcare team & over 25 years’ experience in medical accounting
Qualified leadership coach working with private, public and charitable sector organisations
Further guest speakers to be announced soon.
When does it start and how long does it last?
- Start date mid-January 2021 and covers 12 months
- A mix of face-to-face (Covid permitting) and virtual sessions:
- 6 full-day face to face sessions, spread across the year (these are likely to be delivered virtually initially but with the intention of face to face to enable improved collaboration)
- 8 peer-group virtual check in sessions, spread across the year
- Modular programme with practical exercises to implement at your practice in between training sessions
- Tutor support is available throughout
- Collaboration with other participants actively encouraged
How much does it cost and what funding opportunities exist?
Secure your place now
Limited places available – To secure your place on our Pathway to Partnership Training Course, you can either register your interest, pay your deposit or the full price of the course using our secure payment process below.
Turn the page on 2020 and start 2021 by investing in your professional skills and knowledge.
Peace of mind
If for any reason beyond our control, this development programme does not go ahead, we will get in touch with you directly to offer a 100% refund